Natural Remedies for Common Ailments: Presently you find most people choosing natural remedies for minor ailments. They seem to have realized the many benefits of this and also realized the safety of using these remedies. Since times immemorial people have been using natural home remedies for managing a cold or a stomach problem. You did not have to run to the doctor immediately as soon as you sneeze. Here are some common remedies listed to help you manage minor ailments.
- Ease Eczema:
Eczema can be chronic and can cause a lot of irritation in specific areas of your body. This might be at the back of your knees, neck, hands or even in the insides of your elbows. These are rashes which are scratchy and if left unattended, can form pus.
- Add uncooked oats or baking soda to a warm bath. In case of any infection, you might need to use some bleach for the required relief. This bleach helps in killing the bacteria which irritates the skin. You need to stay in this bath for only 5 to 10 minutes without submerging your head.
- Healing Minor Burns:
Those who are in the kitchen cooking, experience some sort of a burn quite often. This is not dangerous as long as it is only the upper layer of the skin and the burn is not more than 3 inches in diameter.
- Place the area which is burnt under running tap water. This can lessen the pain and swelling. You can apply any lotion which contains aloe vera.
You need to consult a doctor if there is no difference to the burn after a week or so.
- Get rid of the Headache:
Any headache which is due to some sort of stress or tension can last anywhere between half an hour to almost a week. A daily dose of magnesium and coenzyme Q10 can offer some relief for the migraine. Butterbur and feverfew are two herbs that are normally used for managing headaches.
It is advisable to visit the ER if you feel faint or you find that your speech is slurring.
- Calm Heartburn:
A good amount of wine and a big pasta dinner is one of the many reasons you might suffer from heartburn. This is uncomfortable and will not let you get your sleep. This heartburn happens when the muscle closing the esophagus does not seal and allows the content of the stomach to back up.
All you need to do is have a cup of cold buttermilk or drink coconut water. You can also chew on some Basil leaves or Mint and Cumin.
Prevention is better than cure and following this age-old saying it is advisable not to wait till you go through a cold or a cough but take the required preventive measures. For example, regular steaming for those suffering from frequent congestion works well. For those who are prone to acidity, it is advisable to have dinner early and make this light.
Read more articles.
- Simple Home Remedies for Different Ailments
- Prevention of Different Diseases with Home Remedies
- How Pregnancy Changes Body Discomforts: 16 Natural Remedies revealed