Prevent and Treat Illness at Home: Any type of illness does not wait for an invitation; it just barges into your home and takes over you and your family. Looking for home remedies in the initial stages of any sickness can help you get some relief immediately. As said, ‘prevention is better than cure’ so why even wait for an illness to enter and take the necessary precautions to stop it altogether. There are multiple ways to manage different illnesses and similar ways and means to prevent illness. Here are some tips to help you keep the many illnesses at bay.
- A Balanced Meal:
A well – balanced diet can make a lot of difference to your immunity. It is important that you include a maximum number of vegetables and fruits in your meals and keep away from saturated fats, processed and junk foods, sugars, carbs and, Trans fats. Eating all types of foods that includes even processed foods can lead to chronic inflammation and also diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- Give up Smoking:
Smoking is a ‘silent killer’ and it is advisable to give up on this habit as soon as possible. This leads to heart problems, cholesterol, blood pressure and, a lot more serious ailments. Not many are aware that habitual smokers lose out almost 10 years of their life expectancy.
- Keep Moving:
If you have not started exercising till now, start and observe the difference to your overall health. Exercise keeps your heart healthy and also keeps your blood pressure levels regulated. This can help in digesting your food and spare you from the risks of multiple diseases. There is no fixed exercise you need to choose. You can start with any exercise which you enjoy; this can be swimming, walking, jogging or other.
- Sleep is Important:
Ensure your body does not go through sleep deprivation. This is where all the problems start. You need to fix a schedule for sleeping and ensure you stick to this. Your body does all the repairing when you sleep and this needs around 8 hours.
Some Home Remedies for Common Ailments:
Listed below are some home remedies to help in managing common ailments.
- For acidity, you can chew on 8 to 10 mint leaves on an empty stomach in the morning. You can have a glass of lemon juice and make sure you do not have too much coffee or tea.
- For relief from the common cold you can have a bowl of hot chicken soup with lots of garlic on this. Putting few drops of salt water in your nostrils can also help in clearing the nasal passage from all the mucus. Steaming with a little of eucalyptus oil in a bowl of water offers great relief.
- You can have a glass of boiled water in which you have added 1 tsp of honey, a little of cinnamon and ginger to get some relief from a sore throat. You have the option of having warm water with lemon juice and honey for a sore throat.
- Natural Home Remedies for Health Problems
- Simple Home Remedies for Different Ailments
- Prevention of Different Diseases with Home Remedies